Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thanks

What I thought about yesterday during cardio:
1. I am so thankful that I've stayed healthy during the final show's prep. I normally start to feel that icky feeling at some point which is usually followed by a sore throat or cold. No sickness this time around.
2. I thankful for my coach, Jeff Dwelle. Even though he's not there at the time, I still hear his voice pushing me. It's been a tough prep but not impossibly so. If it were easy, everyone would do it. I'm especially thankful that I no longer have to stress about my progress. I do what he says and leave the guess-work up to him.
3. I'm thankful for my partner. I've been pushing so hard that I haven't had the time or energy to tend to the little things. I'm fortunate to have someone who's done the laundry, made grocery runs, fed my cat, cooked my food, etc. It's taken a huge weight off my shoulders.
4. I'm thankful for my friends. They're eager to see me, but understand my commitment and support me all the way. It's hard because I'm so focused right now and have 0 time for anything at the moment. But they're there and I love them.
5. I'm thankful for each and everyday that I wake up and am able to train. Somebody didn't wake up at all and has passed on. Somebody is bedridden and unable to move. Somebody has no passion for anything that leads them to try hard everyday. Somebody has yet to learn the benefits of exercise.
6. I'm thankful for my cat, Zillah. Where else could I find such unconditional love?
7. I'm thankful for my job. It sucks at times. And I'm currently stressed as I have a ton of things to do. But I have a job.
8. I'm thankful for having left the old me behind. That person is not forgotten, but is no longer here.
9. I'm thankful for the new and improved relationship I have with my family. I truly enjoy speaking with them and am looking forward to my visit in a week.
10. And finally, I'm thankful for all that I've learned this prep, and the progress that I've been able to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment