Thursday, March 18, 2010

the fun cycle

Hey wow, I have followers!!! Hi All!

Progress update: Last Friday's weigh in I finally lost some weight! Yee Haw! I weigh in the morning and am hoping for similar results. Weight loss isn't always linear or steady or "fair." It is what it is. I've been working hard and sticking to my diet and cardio plan. Except today but I'll get to that in just a moment. Despite all that, the scale doesn't always reflect the amount of sweat left on the gym floor. We're talking I'm so sweaty that sometimes my clothes are clinging to my body and make that nasty smacking noise if you pull it from your body and then let it go. Nasty sweaty. But in a good sort of way. Despite all of that, sometimes the scale won't budge. And I'm not yet back in my skinny girl clothes. BUT, I'm getting there. Because I've finally stopped stressing about each and every step and just let myself take them.

Just take the steps, and the rest will follow in it's own time.

Today was a cardio only day for me. I'm supposed to do 60 minutes a day. Logged 25 this morning on the elliptical with the intent of getting outside this afternoon. I decided to run some bleachers and OMG I thought I was going to collapse. Only 25 minutes of bleacher sprints before my legs were shaking so much I was scared to attempt any more. So, today I'm 10 minutes short. My legs are still all tingly from the workout. I'm a little displeased with that but since it was a high intensity workout with lower carbs today AND my diet is on, I feel like it was ok. Not a rationalization I'd make closer to a show but I'm about 14 weeks out have some wiggle room. Some, but not a lot.

My body has started to realize that we're dieting and training and I hurt a lot. It's my immediate goal to get an extra half hour of sleep a night. I insist that I be in bed by 8:30pm. Yes, my social life suffers during my season but that's just the way it is. I'm up at 4:45am and need as much sleep as I can get. Sleep = rest and recovery for my body. That means I'm less grumpy during the day and can have better workouts. I also have less cravings. That all means better results and less stress. Less stress feeds back into better results and we're all happy. What a fun cycle.

So, with that in mind I've got to get my last meal in me because I've got an hour of awake time left. Workout bag and food is all ready for the morning and I've just got to sit here with my feet up and relax for a bit. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment