Monday, March 29, 2010

Fist pump

I tried a new spin on my chicken that I'm going to share with you.

My plan calls for 2 meals of lean, white meat and I choose chicken. Keeping it simple, remember? Well, last week I had a craving for fajitas. What's a dieting girl to do? I could just see the steaming hot skillet in front of me. Chicken fajitas with sour cream, pico, some tortillas, black or refried beans, and a heaping side of mexican rice. Well, that's definately not in the plan. Or is it?

I decided to use a crockpot for the first time. There's been a lot of talk on crockpot recipes over on Siouxcountry so I decided to give it a whirl. 4 frozen chicken breasts + 1 packet of chicken taco seasoning=yumminess! That's it. I did this and left for work. Came back about 5 hours later and it was done and fabulous.

My plan calls for 2 slices of Ezekial bread and guess what I found? Ezekial tortillas! Um, chicken fajitas anyone? Top with salsa verde enjoy.

There was plenty of seasoning in the packet so next time I will probably put 5 or 6 breasts in the pot.

What other things did I discover this weekend? The Jersey Shore. Oh hell yeah. Trash tv at it's finest. I'll repeat what I told my mom. "When you're feeling low, it's nice to escape with some bad reality tv." Totally made me feel a little better. Nothing heals heartache like time and reality shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment