Monday, March 15, 2010

Get your fucking game face on

Whew! Sitting here with my feet up and feeling all sorts of sore and tingly. Can I just say how peaceful I feel? Yeah, I'm sore and spent and feeling quite peaceful. I had a "Come to Jesus" with myself. Life sometimes brings stress. And then what? Stress over the stress or just deal? Last week I decided that the stress wasn't getting me down anymore. Time to get my game face on. Time to handle my business. In the gym, at home, and at work. Get my fucking game face on!

What happened? Well, I hurt. All week long I hurt. I change my workouts every 3 weeks and last week was the start of a new set. I did legs on Tuesday and had to do a burp check. As in, stop for a second and make sure that the burpish feeling I had was really a burp and not vomit. We may need a mop here! Thankfully it was just a burp and I continued to grunt out the deadlifts. My legs hurt soooo badly until Thursday. Friday they were still sore but at least I could walk faster than an 80 year old lady. I was tired and pretty cranky. I played hermit on Saturday. It was gorgeous outside and I never changed from my pajamas. Sunday I hit the gym and voila! I could see it.

What was it I could see? Progress! My body peeking out from under my off season fluff! I weighed myself on Friday and had a good number. But I didn't truly see it until Sunday. Later that day I saw The Green Zone and what was the best line in the movie?

"Put your fucking game face on!"

I got all tingly at that moment. My cheat meal may have had something to do with the chills. Ohhh, carbs!!! But it was also that line. I needed to hear it again. That is my mantra this season. Game on bitches!

I repeated that today during my shoulder workout. Repeated it during cardio. I'm sore and spent and I feel good. I feel like I've turned a corner. I'm training. I'm an athlete and I'm doing what I do. I've put my game face on.

Oh hell yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment