Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Official first day waking up alone. I know, I know. It'll get better and it's only for a measly 6 months.

Ok, according to the State of Texas today is our 2nd holiday this week. So, Happy Confederate Hero's Day. Um, yeah. Just my luck my lab always has to have minimal staffing so I worked today. But only for a whopping 3 hours which is how long it took for us to get the necessary stuff done. Then I hit the gym. I have a strategy for great workouts. I like to focus on whatever bodypart I'm working the entire day leading up to my workout. So for the 3 hours I was at work, I kept thinking "legs, legs, legs." See the squat, feel the squat, breathe in and out and push. It's worked so far. I find it especially helpful for those really tough workouts. Like legs. And arms. (arms tomorrow)

So I hit the gym and got to it. Getting there early was nice as the place was pretty empty and I didn't have to fight for space or equipment. I started with lumberjack squats supersetted with stiff-legged deadlifts. Really focused on sitting into the squat to get my glutes and hamstrings working before I really hit them with the deadlifts. Then on to donkey kicks on the smith supersetted with frog crunches. Working my abs in allows me to rest my legs a bit and I'm a big fan of supersetting. Then sumo squats supersetted with calf raises on the smith. Again, want to really sit into the squat to get my butt in gear. I can also feel that one on my inner thighs which is nice. Then it was off to do more squats! Front squats with a dumbbell supersetted with crunches on the bench. And then I topped it off with shelcs with a little added weight for my posterior's sake. Good leg workout followed by 30 minutes of cardio.

I then came home to my yard to do a little weeding. I say a little weeding but it's a horrendous job. Jaime left the yard in disarray and now it's my job to get it up to par. We may be engaged but the yard has always been her area. I guess for the next 6 months I can work on it. It really sucked following the deadlifts and squats but I'm still alive so I'll count it as extra calories burned.

Mojo and I also went for a walk. I'm not sure what to say about that. I love this dog but she is such a spaz. This is day 1 of me re-training Mojo. We'll see how that goes.

My final act tonight is to get my food prepped for the week. I have chicken cooling that will be part of my pre-workout meals for the next 3 days. All my shakes are measured and ready to go. My breakfast and lunch is also all ready. Dinner is cooked and just waiting for assembly. Just need to cut up the chicken and I'll be done.

So that's it for today. I'm ready to shower and watch Jillian and Bob kick some butt on The Biggest Loser. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment