Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Catching up and moving on

Happy New Year to all!

I've finally returned from my Christmas Vacay with the family. I spent a week with my newly reunited parents, my brother, and his 2 kids. As with family there were some highs and there were some lows. I'm recovering from a cold which I'm thinking was a farewell gift from my youngest niece, Akira. Thanks....

So I'm back in lovely Austin and it's 2010. Time to train! Yup, I'm back on diet and prepping for the season. I received my plan from my trainer, Jeff Dwelle, and I think he got a little wise to me this year. For example, instead of just saying have veggies or salad, he's specified 1 cup green veggies. Smart man. And for dinner a small salad, greens only. I have to laugh but only because it's well written for me and my rabbit taste buds. I can eat my weight in veggies and salad.

I get 1 cheat this week and it has to be clean. So, on Sunday I'm taking my sweetie to a movie at the Alamo Drafthouse to see Avatar. For dinner, I'll be eating the Once Upon a Time in Mexico salad. A salad with STUFF! But still clean.

And for those that may have caught it, yes, I have my sweetie back. What can I say? We reconciled (ahem...again) and are moving forward with our relationship. The time apart was good. It was good in that we got along great and thoroughly enjoyed each other. But I also saw that our relationship was not damaged beyond repair. In fact, we just needed to go to our respective corners and take a time out. Time out is over and last night I moved back into the master bedroom. AND...(wait for it).....

We're engaged to be married!

I know, I know. To be clear I never expected to be one of those on again, off again couples but hey, it happened. Just a couple of times really. And all in the last year or so. But we've been together for 4 years and friends for 3 or so prior. I feel like I crossed over some hump where I was expecting the worst and now I'm completely settled in and expecting the best. No need to hold back anything or have one foot near the door. Things are finally the way they were supposed to be.

So, along with dieting, training, and all that jazz, I now have to plan a wedding. Wow, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment